Shore Excursion Old Town Segway Tour
Experience the most exclusive city tour of Lisbon! As official partners of the Santa Apolónia Cruise Terminal we’ve designed the perfect experience regarding the short time available and passenger’s location.
In only 1h30min our superlative guides will give you the opportunity to see more sights in less time than on a walking tour. The pick-up and drop-off will be at the Cruise Terminal in order to maximize the passenger’s comfort and to optimize time.
The Segway Tour starts with an orientation session and once you feel comfortable riding the Segway we will start our journey to the Old Town area.
Glide effortlessly through the colorful and narrow streets with zero carbon emissions. This is the most exciting way of showing you the thrilling and vibrant history of Lisbon’s most authentic neighbourhood.
Alfama is a place full of memories where you can see and feel the presence of its Moorish past. The heritage is easy to identify in the architecture, the meandering streets and steep flights of steps, arcades, cozy squares and whitewashed houses.
According to our experience, the stop elected as “the favorite” is at the National Pantheon, also known as St. Engratia Church. It’s a majestic baroque monument that took three centuries to build (from 1682 to 1966) and it is the resting place of the most important cultural and political figures in the country. Why is it so popular? Because the Pantheon is surrounded by colorful asymmetric houses that seem to belong to a picturesque movie set. It is perfect the perfect spot to rest, enjoy the sunlight and to take some really nice pictures.
Leaving the Pantheon behind we’ll arrive at the famous Flea Market location (which takes place only at Tuesdays and Saturdays), a big area where you can visit the Santa Clara Market (a building from 1877) and a welcoming garden called Botto Machado that has a beautiful view over the river.
Another must see included in this Segway adventure is Mouraria, Lisbon’s most multiethnic neighborhood. Here you may find all types of restaurants because about a fifth of the population is from Asia, mainly from China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.
Before the end of this tour we’ll take you to Lisbon Cathedral (Lisbon’s oldest building), it would be a sin if you missed it!
- Commerce Square: This Square was the centerpiece of the reconstruction that took place after the earthquake of 1755 which has reduced Lisbon to rubble. In a privilege location, facing the river, this is the most popular square in Lisbon and one of the largest in Europe.
- Alfama: Lisbon’s oldest neighborhood and the most charming one, it’s considered the historic soul of Lisbon and its steep, cobblestoned lanes stand just as they were in medieval times.
- Mouraria: The most multi-ethnic neighbourhood in the city where you find food from all over the world and one of the most beautiful tiled facades (Viúva de lamego – tiles and ceramics shop).
- Martim Moniz Square: Here you can find a street food market that has a special ingredient: cultural diversity. Here you have flavors from all around the world, represented by countries such as China, India, Mozambique, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan among others.
- Minimum of 1, maximum of 20 people per tour.
- All participants must have a minimum height of 1.5meters (4.9 feet) and a maximum weight of 118Kg (260.14 lbs.). Height is a mandatory requirement.
- All reservations can be rescheduled/refunded/canceled free of charge up until 24h before the activity. After that, all reservations will be charged in full at 100%.
We offer other type of segway tours, please click here for more information.