Lisbon Sailor Tour
A wonderful tour to Belém where you’ll find an ensemble of iconic architecture and monuments related to the Age of Discovery.
We’ve prepared a fascinating circuit that will feature several historic monuments in this emblematic area of Lisbon. The whole way to Belém will be along the riverside, which means you may expect an extremely pleasant journey full of light, beautiful landscapes and good vibes.
Whoever is interested in history and knows about the importance of the Portuguese Discoveries will fall in love with Belém, where everything is magnanimous, historical and sacred. It was from there that many of the great Portuguese explorers embarked on their dangerous and ambitious voyages turning Portugal into the very first global empire.
Three of the main highlights of this tour will be the Belém Tower, the Monument to the Discoveries and the Jerónimos Monastery. But on the way to the “Golden Era” you’ll find other elements of great interest, such as the 25th of April bridge (always compared to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco), the Docks (marina), the Lx Factory, the Architecture and Technology Museum and the Electricity Museum.
To finish this Sailor promenade there’s a crucial ritual that you can´t miss: tasting the famous Portuguese custard tarts As soon as you taste it you’ll understand the reasons for the never-ending queues at the door.
- Cais das Colunas: The noble entrance of Lisbon is located at Commerce Square and is characterized by the two vertical pillars, which are leading by the marble steps down to the Tagus River.
- Dock area: Located below The 25th of April Bridge along the river in Alcântara, Baixa and Belém is one of the city’s most popular places to relax.
- 25th of April Bridge: One of Lisbon’s most notable ex-libris! This steel suspension bridge across the Tagus River is often compared with the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
- Jerónimos Monastery: A World Heritage monument, this is one of the most prominent examples of the Portuguese Late Gothic Manueline style of architecture in Lisbon.
- Belém Tower: Built on the northern bank of the Tagus between 1514 and 1520, the Tower of Belém is one of the architectural jewels of the reign of the King Manuel I.
- Monument to the Discoveries: An impressive monument to praise the essential figures of the Discoveries.
- Portuguese Custard Tart
- Minimum of 1 participant.
- Bookings up to 20 people maximum (20 Segways).
- All participants must have between 45Kg and 118Kg (99.20 pounds and 260.14 pounds); and minimum of 1.5meters (4.9 feet).
- Minimum age 7 years old in order to qualify to participate in this activity. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- The use of safety helmet is mandatory.
- It´s forbidden for pregnant women and intoxicated people, not recommended to mentally or physically incapacitated people or to people with prosthesis.
- Use the Segway in a responsible way and follow the rules of the road.
- All customers with reservation must check in 15min prior to the tour start. If the group is more than 15 minutes late, their reservation will be automatically cancelled without any rescheduling (upon availability for the day) or refund.
- All reservations can be rescheduled/refunded/cancelled free of charge up until 5:00pm (local time) of the day before the activity. After that, all reservations will be charged in full at 100%.
Rua dos Douradores 16, 1100-206 Lisbon
We offer a wide range of tours, please click here for more information.