Lisbon Into The Woods
This is the perfect solution for those who want a challenging tour that requires some physical resistance and a memorable reward once you reach the destination.
Only 25 minutes from the city centre, you’ll be able to discover a huge area of forest, the so-called “Lisbon’s lungs”. Monsanto is still a well-kept secret especially for the mass tourism that usually opts for the urban landmarks. This tour guarantees two distinct realities since it starts in the center of the city but ends in an area of tranquility and contemplation.
We’re talking about 900 hectares of greenery, crossed by cycle paths, endowed with astonishing viewpoints to admire the Tagus estuary and a large variety of sheltering wildlife.
The area is divided into smaller parks and gardens designed for activities varying from light strolls to advanced training circuits, Monsanto is the first choice for outdoor fun and relaxing moments.
One of the main highlights of Monsanto is the abandoned “Restaurante Panorâmico”, an old restaurant that offers a splendid 360-degree view of Lisbon, it´s breathtaking…
- Rossio: The official name is Dom Pedro IV Square and it marks the very center of the city with a wave-patterned mosaic pavement that has been reproduced throughout Portugal, in Rio de Janeiro and in Macau.
- Alto do Parque Eduardo VII: This green area also known as Amália Rodrigues garden, acquires a high value because it’s a public garden associated with the concept of the Green Corridor (Corredor Verde), conceived by the teacher and landscape architect Ribeiro Telles.
Benefits from an excellent location, surmounting the Eduardo VII Park, becoming a natural viewpoint of beautiful contours.
- Restaurante Panorâmico: Built almost half a century ago this place is abandoned for more than a decade. Located in Monsanto Forest Park it offers a breathtaking view of Lisbon.
- Ajuda National Palace: It was built in 1795 and was the last official residence of the Portuguese royal family. Nowadays it’s a magnificent museum and the only palace that can be visited in Lisbon which still reliably conserves the layout and decoration of the rooms as it was in the 20th century.
- MAAT (MUSEUM OF ART, ARCHITECTURE AND TECHNOLOGY): A superb new building that rises on the riverfront with a pedestrian roof that offers a privileged view of Lisbon and the Tagus, and which immediately became an iconic location.
- Comércio Square: This Square was the centerpiece of the reconstruction that took place after the earthquake of 1755 which has reduced Lisbon to rubble. In a privilege location, facing the river, this is the most popular square in Lisbon and one of the largest in Europe.
It’s easier to feel Lisbon’s essence when you’re surrounded by nature and tranquility.
- Electric bike
- Snack & Water
- Minimum of 1, maximum of 20 people per tour.
- All participants must have a minimum height of 1.5meters (4.9 feet) and a maximum weight of 118Kg (260.14 lbs.). Height is a mandatory requirement.
- All reservations can be rescheduled/refunded/canceled free of charge up until 24h before the activity. After that, all reservations will be charged in full at 100%.
- A deposit of 100€ is required (via credit card) per bike. As well as a valid ID or Passport per participant.
Rua dos Douradores 16, 1100-206 Lisbon
We provide a wide range of bike tours, please click here for more information.