Delicious Bike Tour
One heck of a delicious tour! Get ready to discover all the historic main attractions, a selection of traditional Portuguese tapas and superb panoramic views.
One common tip to discover a city for real is to get lost in it! Our rule to discover the best of Lisbon is… by following our enthusiastic guides! They are specialized in the Portuguese history and cheeky curiosities, secret spots and gastronomy! They look crazy but they’re only crazy about Lisbon.
This tour will focus on the most authentic neighbourhoods and the best Portuguese tapas.
In Alfama (the oldest district in Lisbon) you’ll experience the real Lisbon with its charismatic (and intense) people, cats sleeping on windowsills, twisting streets and blind alleyways where the roofs almost touch each other.
Going up the hill until Graça you’ll find a breathtaking panoramic view where you’ll be able to take a rest and contemplate the city.
After a moment of relax at the viewpoint we start going down the hill to salute Mouraria, Lisbon’s most multiethnic neighbourhood. Here you may find all types of restaurants because about a fifth of the population is from Asia, mainly from China, Bangladesh, India and Pakistan.
Now, the most important detail of this tour, the tasting experiences! You’ll be able to have some snacks and drinks and experience Lisbon the way we do.
Trust us! This tour is all about pleasure!
PLACES & NEIGHBOURHOODS
- Alfama: Lisbon’s oldest neighbourhood and the most charming one, it’s considered the historic soul of Lisbon and its steep, cobblestoned lanes stand just as they were in medieval times. This area is best known for its fado houses and the great festivities of Lisbon which honors “Santo António” (St. Anthony) during the month of June, luring thousands of people into the streets. This neighbourhood resisted to the terrible earthquake of 1755 and this was one of the main reasons that contributed to the preservation of its authenticity. This charming area retains some of the Moorish atmosphere with its alleys, staircases and clothes drying on the windows.
- Graça: On the highest of the seven hills, Graça is located next to the iconic São Jorge Castle and this area is famous for its two beautiful viewpoints: Senhora do Monte belvedere and Graça belvedere, also known as Sophia de Mello Breyner Andresen viewpoint. During the 20th century this neighbourhood became a residential area for factory workers mainly. At that time this neighbourhood was characterized by its courtyards, traditional taverns and grocery stores, hosted popular festivities and the first public school was founded here (Voz do Operário) as well as the arrival of the iconic 28 tram.
- Mouraria: The most multi-ethnic neighbourhood in the city.
Here you can find flavors from all around the world, represented by countries such as China, India, Mozambique, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan among others. Once a marginal neighbourhood, Mouraria has benefited from an important investment and rehabilitation process that turned it into one of the most interesting places to visit in Lisbon.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Bottled water
*The selection of the tasting experiences will always depend on the availability of each place and the costumer’s profiles. This is just a general sample of some tastings that can be included in the tour.
EXAMPLES OF TASTINGS
- Custard Tart;
- Codfish cake;
- Smoked meats and cheese;
- Octopus salad or tinned sardines;
- Cherry Liqueur or Porto:
- Red or white wine;
- All customers with a reservation must check in 15min prior to the tour start.
- Min: 1 Pax | Max: 20 Pax
*(A minimum of 2 participants is required to guarantee the departure of the tour)
- All participants must have a minimum of 1.5 m (4.9 feet) and a maximum of 118 Kg (260.14 pounds).
- The minimum age for participation is 12 years old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult who must sign a term of responsibility.
- It´s forbidden for pregnant women and intoxicated people, not recommended to mentally or physically incapacitated people or to people with a prosthesis.
- The use of safety helmet is mandatory.
- Boost Portugal recommends the use of closed and sporty shoes.
- All reservations can be cancelled free of charge up to 24 hours before the booked starting time.
Rua dos Douradores 16, 1100-206 Lisbon
We provide a wide range of bike tours, please click here for more information.