Full Day Sintra Tour
This tour will take you through a Lisbon of contrasts, a selection of fairy tale and mythical locations, with history, tradition, and modernity.
We’ll first head towards the picturesque Sintra adorned with exquisite palaces, mansions and romanticism. Sintra is a World Heritage area that is a treasure for its natural attractions, monuments and unexplainable magic. You’ll see the most important landmarks in a blessing experience by Beetle while the landscape will change from mountain, to wild and rugged beaches, and city life.
Cascais will be the second main attraction of this tour (once a small fishermen village, Cascais is nowadays a haven of beauty and glamour by the Atlantic); then we’ll drive through the Avenida Marginal (a Portuguese national road that connects the city of Lisbon to the village of Cascais, lining the Tagus River and the Atlantic Ocean) until we reach Lisbon’s city centre.
Lisbon is an awarded city, some say it is the coolest city in Europe and in fact we are blessed by geography and meteorology!
We can’t skip the most emblematic and trendy areas in the downtown (like Chiado and Príncipe Real) full of charming buildings, antique shops, beautiful gardens, cozy squares, colorful mansions, museums and lot of people in the streets enjoying the city life.
In Alfama (the oldest district) you’ll experience the real Lisbon with its charismatic (and intense) people, sleepy cats at the windows, twisting streets and blind alleys where the roofs almost touch each other.
After 7 hours of stunning experiences we hope you keep Lisbon in your hearts.
- Sintra Historic Centre: Built at the foot of the mountain, in a sloping area this fairy tale location grew between the National Palace and the mountain, adapting itself, through successive modifications, to the slopes and the morphology of the ground.
- Regaleira Palace: Classified as a Building of Public Interest since 2002 this Palace is surrounded by lush gardens, lakes, grottoes and enigmatic constructions with hidden alchemical meaning.
- Seteais Palace: A neoclassical palace that is now a luxury hotel, restaurant and a tourist attraction, listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- Monserrate Palace: Like the other Palaces in the region, this is an example of Portuguese Romanticism and since 1978 it has been classified as a Building of Public Interest.
- Azenhas do Mar: A viewpoint from where we can admire a stunning view of the cliffs looming over the full majesty of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Cabo da Roca: The westernmost point of Europe where land ends and the sea begins.
- Citadel of Cascais: A set of fortifications built between the 15th and 17th centuries to defend the Cascais coastline and River Tagus estuary. Today it houses a luxury hotel – the Pestana Cidadela Cascais, a courtyard restaurant, a bookshop, art gallery, chapel and the Palácio da Cidadela de Cascais.
- Estoril: The premier distinct and fashionable Portuguese beach resort town of the Lisbon coastline.
- Driver / Storyteller
- Pick-up and drop-off in the city centre
- Cherry Liqueur and portuguese pastry
(Note: pick-ups and drop-offs are subjected to traffic limitations, as some areas in the city center are restricted to residents only.)
- Maximum of 3 people per vehicle. Bookings up until 9 people (3 Beetles).
- Children younger than 12 years old can only ride on VWBeetles with seatbelts, in the back seat; as long as their height is shorter than 1.35m (4.42 feet) and sill using the appropriate CRS (Child Retention System).
- All reservations can be rescheduled / refunded / cancelled free of charge up until 24h before the activity. After that, all reservations will be charged in full at 100%
Working hours: every day from 9.30 AM to 6.30 PM. Closed 25th of December and 1st of January as well as the afternoons of 24th and 31st of December.
Any questions or issues please contact (+351) 910 802 000 or email@example.com.
We offer other type of beetle tours, please click here for more information.